Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Little girls, fairy doors and magical dreams


Yesterday was a special day for me, not because of some celebration or appointment, but because of a really nice coincidence. I went to the market, as I usually do. I was checking some potatoes, when a little girl next to me started to shout:
"Mamaie, mamaie, uite, Tilincutza!"
that is: "Grannie, grannie, look, Tinkerbell!"
Her grandmother picked her up:
"What, sweetie, where?"
"Look, look!"
She was really excited and holy moly, I realized she was pointing at me! Her grandmother came closer and I did the same. She reached for my earrings and started to examine them, pulling my ears and saying:
- I like your magical earrings, Tinkerbell! They're very beautiful, and your pink wings with glitter!
At this pont I was laughing, so was her grandmother and a few people around us.
- So you like my earrings - I say.
- Yes!
- Do you want your own magical earrings?
- Yes, yes!
- Allright then, when you go back home, you'll find your own magical earrings there.
- Really?
- Yes.
She was happy and she was clapping her little hands. :) Her grandmother put her back down and I whispered to her where she could buy earrings like mine.
This is the first part of the coincidence. Back home, while on Twitter, Christopher Gorham posted this tweet, a fairy door for his boys, made so that he could bring back home for them a little bit of Ann Arbor. Seeing that, I remembered the little girl again and it made me smile. She made me feel good all day. Wow, how could a child think I was Tink? Haha! I was flattered. And last night, well, my mind combined the little girl plus Chris' fairy door and that's what I've dreamed: a magical dream, with kids, pink wings, glitter, butterflies, and even Peter. But I couldn't see his face, he had the cutest mask on.

In the morning I wanted to go back to sleep again. A little girl+a man and his fairy door+a crazy dream made me feel like child again. And it was so beautiful :))

4 comments:

jbw said...

Cute!
Imagination is priceless!

Nastja said...

Beautiful, I love it :)

Melina and Denise said...

Aww, what a wonderful day!

Desert Rose said...

awww..this is TOOOO BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE IT..so much inspiring..sweet and amazingly touchy :))
@Beeros75